Here are several thingS you must do for before your first hire
Before you can officially hire your first employee, there are several things that you must be sure are in place. Here is a list of things to check before you bring on your first new hire.
1. Obtain an employer identification number.
2. Register with your state's labor department.
3. Get workers' compensation insurance.
4. Set up a payroll system to withhold taxes.
5. Report each new employee to your state's new hire reporting agency.
6. Post required notices.
7. Adopt workplace safety measures.